Tuesday 13 August 2013

What Kind of Attitude Should We have When We pray?

When we pray, we should pray with:

1. Persistence.
Luke 21:36  But keep watch at all times with prayer, that you may be strong enough to come through all these things and take your place before the Son of man.
Romans 12:12  Being glad in hope, quiet in trouble, at all times given to prayer,

2. Love for the lost (& our enemies).
Matthew 9:37-38  Then he said to his disciples, There is much grain but not enough men to get it in. Make prayer, then, to the Lord of the grain-fields, that he may send out workers to get in his grain.
Romans 10:1  Brothers, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is, that they may get salvation.
Matthew 5:44  But I say to you, Have love for those who are against you, and make prayer for those who are cruel to you.

3. Forgiveness.
Mark 11:25  And whenever you make a prayer, let there be forgiveness in your hearts, if you have anything against anyone; so that you may have forgiveness for your sins from your Father who is in heaven.

4. A humble heart.
Matthew 6:5-6  And when you make your prayers, be not like the false-hearted men, who take pleasure in getting up and saying their prayers in the Synagogues and at the street turnings so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward. But when you make your prayer, go into your private room, and, shutting the door, say a prayer to your Father in secret, and your Father, who sees in secret, will give you your reward.

5. Faith.
Mark 11:24  For this reason I say to you, Whatever you make a request for in prayer, have faith that it has been given to you, and you will have it.

6. Total surrender.
Matthew 26:39, 42  And he went forward a little, and falling down on his face in prayer, he said, O my Father, if it is possible, let this cup go from me; but let not my pleasure, but yours be done. Again, a second time he went away, and said in prayer, O my Father, if this may not go from me without my taking it, let your pleasure be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment